Request a Demo
If you would like to see one of our live products in operation
Click here to organise a demonstration
Click on the icons below to download our DMF eDischarge presentation.Download PDF Version Download PPT Version
DMF Systems STARS eliminates the missing referred specimens scenario, which is all too prevalent and time consuming for Medical Laboratory Scientists. DMF Systems Sample Tracking and Archiving Results Solution (STARS®) was designed to alleviate problems associated with Sample Archiving and Tracking. Samples being mislaid, sample custody issues and lack of proven delivery, are a thing of the past with STARS.
DMF Systems STARS® enables you to effortlessly track, transmit and archive samples between all the major laboratories in Ireland.
Some of the sites that currently utilise DMF Systems STARS® are:
- St. James's Hospital
- Naas General Hospital
- National Virus Reference Laboratory
- Tallaght Hospital
- Irish Blood Transfusion Service (Dublin and Cork)
STARS® assures custody by tracking your sample shipments, validating and informing you when your samples are received and then confirming results.
DMF Systems STARS® solution has the ability to generate reports and all activities are electronically audited and confirmed, thus constituting much greater efficiency.
A Proven Solution………………
"DMF Sample Tracking eliminates the missing referred specimens scenario and the time wasted in resolving this for the laboratory, clinician and patient alike as well as helping with ISO 15189 standard accreditation." Marie Prendergast Specialist Scientist NGH Laboratory
With STARS® you can simply and precisely:
- Trace specimens located within your lab.
- Track their movement to external referral labs.
- Archive samples to offsite cryogenic storage.
- Uniquely identify individual samples, trays, boxes or fridges using barcode technology.
- Match shipped samples to requests from your lab system.
Peace of Mind………………………
- Full chain of custody records from packaging to shipment and receipt of samples at destination.
- Electronic Proof of Delivery notifications.
- More efficient recording than manual methods.
- Support variety of handheld barcode scanners.
- Errors flagged with visible and audible alarms.
- STARS® notably supports the attainment of ISO 15189 accreditation.
Security and Audit Trail
- User ID and Password access protection.
- Multi-level access profiles supporting System administrator, Super-user, routine users.
- Restrict data entry by barcode reader (optional).
- Sample movements audit trail.
- Full scan logs for samples, modifications, and creation of trays, boxes and fridges.
- Full scanning error history.
For further info : firstname.lastname@example.org