Request a Demo
If you would like to see one of our live products in operation
Click here to organise a demonstration
Click on the icons below to download our DMF eDS presentation.Download PDF Version Download PPT Version
eDischarge Summary – A GeneCIS® Suite Component.
DMF Systems eDischarge solution has two overriding features that separates it from other solutions on the market; flexibility and functionality to make a real difference to patient outcomes and continuation of care. Designed with clinician, nursing, pharmacy and hospital management input it has consistently proved itself to be widely accepted more rapidly due to our recommended involvement of all stakeholders.
Reductions in post discharge hospital readmission rates can only be addressed through the delivery of a targeted care bundle. An eDischarge summary is the primary communication document to achieve this.
eDischarge Summaries are much more than simple statements of care
Inter-Professional Communication Tools (Clinical Summaries)
Real Time Clinical Alerting with Decision Support for Drug Interaction
- The solution is web based, so is available on any workstation within the hospital.
- We create a central repository that includes a Shared Patient Index and the Episodes of Care index for each patient.
- On admission, the Interface will trigger the creation of the episode. Once the episode is created the NCHD may commence the creation of the electronic discharge summary.
- At discharge, the discharge coordinator will finalise the data capture and will print the summary. The printed summary may be filed in the patient's chart and a copy handed to the patient, if required.
- It's the printing of the summary that will trigger the delivery of the summary to the patient's GP via HealthLink electronically.
- The consultant may simply approve the summary or may choose to update the summary to provide some specific additional information to the GP.
- The consultant review typically occurs after the patient has been discharged and after the summary has been printed and transferred to the GP.
- The delivery of a rapid, legible, complete and accurate record of care at discharge.
- The creation of an instantly accessible record of care. Available on all hospital workstations to authenticated users.
- Improvement in patient outcomes due to controlled accessible and defined continuation of care.
- Minimum training required as the system is simple and intuitive.
- Team Based Patient Lists.
- Medication Management.
- Discharge KPI Management.
- Simplified and Accurate Diagnostic and Procedure Coding.
- Discharge Pathway Management.
- Available to all authenticated Users.
- Secure User Access.
- Active Directory [LDAP] Compliant.
Studies in the UK have shown that the average sized PCT will save on average £200,000 per annum by facilitating electronic discharge summaries, How?
- Significant reduction in re-admission rates as the summary is immediately accessible.
- Reduction in medication errors as the summary is legible, linked to formulary and requires precise data entry requirement.
- Further reductions in medication errors will be recorded with the addition of our new ePrescribing and interaction functionality.
- Significant reduction in data entry man hours, estimated at up to 20,000 for an average sized hospital.
- Allows for elimination of summary postal costs.
- Existing discharge carbon copy forms will cost a large hospital £50,000 per annum.
For further info : firstname.lastname@example.org